Why shop small?
I love scrolling through Instagram and Etsy for gifts (and often colourful earrings). I realise how much I value the fact that we have access to so many handmade treasures at the end of our fingertips!
Here are a few reasons to shop small
· You get better customer service, you’re often dealing with just one person who knows their craft and product inside out who can answer questions and is invested in you getting a great experience.
· Handmade things are quirky and unique, they can express your personality or really show someone you know them.
· You can see the process of its creation and know it has required effort, imagination and skill.
· It helps to keep traditional skills alive.
· You get to become part of a community, you know who you are buying from.
· There is a story behind each creation
· They are made to last, and the materials are of high quality.
· It can be better for the environment, there isn’t any large machinery for mass production and you can choose to buy local.
· You know that the piece will be packed with care, love and attention
· You will feel good making the purchase.
Why do you like to shop small?